Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Birthday Bliss


This week Jitterbuggin' came up with another fun sketch.  In addition to the sketch, we were suppose to use a punch and a specific color scheme.  The color scheme was black and white with one accent color. 

August is a crazy birthday month for our family, so I decided when I saw this number paper that I would make a birthday card for my sister-in-law.  The number paper came in a pack I won a couple years ago at a World Cardmaking Day event.  I used my black, white, and green card stock that I had on hand. It's difficult to see, but the number paper is actually mounted on black card stock.  I used three Cricut Cartridges on this card: Zooballoo, George and Basic Shapes, and Doodle Charms. I cut the hat out on Doodle Charms and used George and Basic Shapes to make the black and green rings on my 31 circle.  I used a punch to cut out the white inner circle. I ran the white inner circle and inner white rectangle through the Big Shot to emboss it with a Cuddlebug folder. I added my last circle and added some bling with some fun Me and My Big Ideas gems I had purchased on clearance a year ago.  I chose green because it is my sister-in-laws favorite color.  I think she will really like card and I had fun making it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the gems on that hat....great job with the challenge.

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

    ReplyDelete