Friday, July 9, 2010

Graduation Invites


Well, I have finally finished my sister's graduation invitations, except for the wording inside. Her school colors are black and red. So I decided to use a black card stock as a base. I cut one side a little shorter and added fleur de lis sort of print paper. Next I needed some texture, so I took my white card stock and ran it through the Sizzix Big Shot. The swiss dots embossing folder by provo craft worked wonderfully to add just a little oomph to my white card stock. Next I added a strip of red ribbon all the way across my card. Finally, I needed to make it personal. I jumped on my Cricut and used my Design Studio software to spell out my sisters name. I did a black shadow and a red lettering inside on her name to really make it the focal point. Finally, I cut out the year of her graduation. To give the card just a little sparkle we added a rhinestone to dot the letter "i" in my sister's name. I am happy with the final product and think it will be something we can tie in to her reception in May. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment