Friday, July 9, 2010

Pan of Valentine's Day Cookie Cards - February



This year my husband and I are both continuing our journey of health. With that being said, we are not exchanging sugar, chocolate, and flour filled treats. Instead, I *baked* a pan of Valentine's inspired by conversation hearts and sugar cookies. They are tastefully simple, easy to whip up, and look good enough to eat. I grew up in a home where Valentine's day was not just about romantic love, but loving your friends, family, and the people around you. Rather than taking treats in to an office full of people watching the scale, I decided to give out old fashioned Valentine's with sweet sentiments.

Ingredients:

Ala Mode White Embossing Powder by Hampton Art
JoAnn Craft Essentials Pigment Ink pad (clear)
Paper Studio Clear Stamps in Sophie Caps
Craft Essentials Ribbon in C4 Spring
Colorbox Chalk Ink Pad in Dark Brown
Duck Permanent Adhesive
Paper Studio Natural Ivory Card stock
Paper Studio Pink 3 Card stock
JoAnn ScrapEssentials Red/Pink mini heart brads
Provo Craft Cricut Expression Machine with the Doodle Charms cartridge loaded

Yield: 1 dozen with spare parts left over
Prep Time: 30 minutes in your favorite craft store
Bake Time: 1 hour
Cost: Not including my wonderful tools, the supplies ran around $10.

Directions: I pre-set my Cricut to cut 3 1/4 inch sized hearts. I selected the scalloped heart with the shadow feature on and filled a 12 x 12 page with hearts. Each 12 x 12 sheet cut 6 hearts or enough to make three cards. For my next cut I took shadow off and did a heart without scallops. Each page made 9 hearts.
I distressed the edges of 12 of my 24 scalloped hearts with my dark brown ink. Next I used my arcrylic stamps to create sentiments. I embossed those onto my pink hearts and used the duck adhesive to mount the pink hearts on the cream scalloped hearts.
I cut my ribbon pieces to be about 2 inches. I used my piercer tool to make a hole in the ribbon after I folded it just right. I stuck my brad through the ribbon. I then used the piercer to make a hole through two lined up scalloped hearts (one with distressing facing outward). I stuck the brad with ribbon through the scalloped heart and flattened the bottom of the brad. Repeat 11 more times and you have one dozen valentines baked to perfection.
Valentine cookes slide open to reveal your sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment